Monday, May 12, 2008

A Good Day

What a great day Sunday was!

I started the day out at 9:00 in the morning by driving out to my creek monitoring partner’s house. It was a gorgeous day, with the birds chirping and the creek gurgling: we were able to do the entire testing procedure outside, for the first time since I started doing this! There was a lot of run-off in the creek this time. I’d never seen it so dirty – but that’s fairly normal for this time of year.

Once we completed our testing, I went to The Perfect Cup for my usual lunch of writing letters and relaxing over a cup of Market Spice Tea. My niece will be home soon, from her year at Scotland University, so I will have to find another pen-pal. I am still writing to my nieces in Palmer, though – so I will still have my routine.

At 2:00 the family met at my brother’s house for the last of our Family Movie Nights. Realistically, it should have been called Family Movie Afternoons – but that just sounds odd to me, even though it’s chronologically correct. We’ve had fun with this movie thing, and greatly appreciate my brother having us all over every other weekend – but I for one am ready to get outside and start hiking.

We watched the last of The Body Atlas series, ate pizza and cake (oh, boy did we eat cake) and got to meet the newest member of our family!

Corbin James Sullivan was born on Thursday, May 8. He is a beautiful boy who is already trying to hold his head up. His mother is recuperating nicely and is already up and about, albeit tenderly.

We had several birthdays to celebrate: my own is on the 15th, Mother’s is on the 18th, and Katy’s is on the 14th. On top of that is Mother’s Day on the 11th = hence all the cake I mentioned earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment