Monday, March 26, 2012

What a great weekend I had!


Saturday was a day of rest for me. I didn’t go anywhere or do much all day long. I did get dressed at least, but that was pretty much the extent of my accomplishments.

Here’s a synopsis of the day:
     Woke up, got dressed
     Worked on the computer a while
     Went up to the craft room and picked out a card to make
     Watched an episode of X-Files while cutting paper in the library
     Went back up to the craft room and made cards for a while
     Went back to working on the computer for a while
     Went up to the craft room and picked out another card to make
     Watched another episode of X-Files while cutting paper in the library
     Went back to the craft room and made cards for a while
          … and so on, and so forth…

It was very relaxing: just exactly what I needed.

Sunday was even better: Rob and I drove out to Palmer to visit with Mother in his new truck. We had a good time chatting with her while throwing the ball for Daisy to play with. I would say “for Daisy to fetch” but she’s still hasn’t quite gotten the whole fetching concept down just yet. She’s all about chasing after the ball, though – and burying it in the snow, too.

Once we moved inside to sit at the table and drink some coffee/tea, Rob got the great idea to go down to the hotel and have pie! Really, it was just a good excuse to show Mother his new truck, but hey – who turns down pie? So Mother got a piece of Chocolate Cream Pie, Rob got some Lemon Meringue, and I had a piece of Red Velvet Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment