Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Next Trip


Wouldn’t you know it; I’m already planning my next expedition. And they say tattoos are addictive!

This time, I’m going to go to Thailand for an archaeological dig. The expedition is titled “Origins of Angkor” and will be with Dr. Nigel Chang. The dig site is in Ban Non Wat and the Upper Mun River Catchment in Western Nakhon Ratchasima Province.

It will take me some time to save up the money, of course, as well as accumulate more time off at work. Most likely, I will be going sometime either late 2013 or early 2014. February is always a good time to leave Alaska – maybe I’ll aim for that month again.

This does give me plenty of time to study up on the subject. I’ve never done an archaeology one before, and have never been to Thailand either. Does anybody have any suggestions on books I should read? Classes I should take?

I sure would love to have company this time. Does anybody want to join me? It will be another 2-week expedition, with a few days on either end for traveling.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could go with you! I told Charles that, when this kid turns 10 (that's the youngest they allow), we're planning a family expedition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:55 PM

    I think it would be an awesome trip to go on - i have never done anything like that before or been to any place like that :)

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Browsing the internet today, I found a 6-Day Guided Peruvian Tour for $3,690.00 per person.

    Earthwatch gave me 16 days for just $3,895.00 per person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather11:22 AM

    I wanted to be an archeologist when I was little. I even did an internship here in Alaska when I was in High School.

    ReplyDelete