Thursday, March 29, 2012

I’ll Have My Cake and I’ll Eat it Too


I had to do some grocery shopping yesterday to restock my kitchen, so planned to stop in at Fred Meyers on my way home yesterday. I was just about to get into the turn lane when I remembered that I’d said I would check in on a friend’s house while he’s gone – so I just kept on going straight.

“I’ll just stop in at Target instead.” I thought to myself.

As I was pulling away from his house later on, I suddenly remembered why it was I wanted to go to Fred Meyers: they have the good bread there!

“Well, shoot. I guess I’ll just stop by the coffee shop/bakery on the way home instead. They have good bread there, too.”

Unfortunately, they also have pastries there. So, on the way in, I kept repeating to myself “I will NOT buy a pastry. I will NOT buy a pastry.”

10 minutes later, I walked out of there with my loaf of bread in hand – and of course, a pastry. How can you go to a bakery shop and NOT buy a pastry, I ask you!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it actually IS possible!

    Also, if you shop for groceries at Target - BE SURE TO CHECK DATES. And I don't recommend buying frozen or refrigerated foods there. The stockers are not trained there like they are at a (mostly) grocery store - they do not rotate stock & the freezers / refrigerators are not properly maintained. This is all based on lots of previous experience on my part buying outdated/expired/stale/not properly refrigerated/freezer burned food there. I learn lessons the hard way.

    ReplyDelete