Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Good Friends

I have such wonderful friends! I am so very thankful for each and every one of you – just wanted you all to know that.

This past week, I got to spend some time with a few of them:

Rikki and I had lunch at the Perfect Cup on Sunday. I met Rikki several years ago at one of the first Architectural Conventions I went to. She was a vendor selling Autodesk products, and I was working the registration table. We hit it off and have been friends ever since. She is quite pregnant now, so I got to hear all the latest news from the maternity ward. I am looking forward to the day when I can meet the little one!

On Monday I met up with my friend Anne for lunch at Terra Bella’s. She has a Gluten Allergy, and this place serves very tasty gluten-free food. Plus, it’s all organic – can’t beat that! I met her at that first Architectural Convention as well. She was on the planning committee, as was I, and also helped out at the registration table. Anne has been very helpful to me during my drama-infected roller coaster ride, giving me some very good advice and just being there so I could unload on her.

Then on Thursday, I got to have dinner with my friend Katie. Katie and I have been friends for well over 10 years. She works at the zoo and was the one who “convinced” me to sign on as a volunteer there. Rob joined us as well, so the three of us had a nice long chat. I am afraid it went a little long, however. It’s technically Katie’s lunch hour; I suppose a 2-hour lunch isn’t so bad if as long as it’s not made a habit.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:46 AM

    Thanks for the honors. And you are welcome.

    My yogi tea label yesterday said “The greatest tool you have is to listen.” Too true and it is for free as well.

    And everybody needs to download somewhere.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my blog, Ruth! Hope all is well, and I'm definitely jealous you and Katie got to have a nice dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete