Monday, March 14, 2011

Bear Creek Winery

My good friend Lorna gave me a bottle of wine from the Bear Creek Winery for Valentine’s Day this year: their special edition of Chocolate Raspberry Wine.

To celebrate my new-found freedom of NO MORE ROOMMATE, I decided to open it and have a glass the other day. To no real surprise, I discovered that my bottle opener had been taken. I will give her the benefit of the doubt and say that perhaps she honestly didn’t realize that she took it, since there was a ton of stuff in the drawer most of which was hers. However, she did leave behind her crappy bottle opener and she did take my good one – so it is a very great stretch of imagination to actually believe that it wasn’t done on purpose.

Regardless, I did finally manage to get my bottle of wine open, and boy is that ever a good wine! I really like it, even though it is a red wine and I do tend to get some rather impressive migraines from red wines. It’s well worth a migraine.

In fact, I like the wine so much that I went down to the liquor store today and got two more bottles from that winery. I didn’t get the Chocolate Raspberry flavor this time, though: I got a Rhubarb Wine and a Spiced Apple Wine instead.

The Bear Creek Winery is a local one based out in Homer, so I feel good about buying and supporting local businesses. And the liquor store I went to purchase them is Gold Rush Liquors, another local business, so now I feel twice as good about buying and supporting local.

http://bearcreekwinery.com/

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:09 PM

    FYI. Gold Rush Liquor is a chained from the lower 48. The owner is from Wyoming.
    Corissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on! I'm glad you enjoyed that - and it's good to know that Anchorage carries their products!
    " ) Lorna bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just opened the Rhubarb bottle - it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update: the Rhubarb Wine was most excellent - however, I didn't care much for the Spiced Apple Wine. Just not my thing, I guess.

    ReplyDelete