Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Flower Child

It was such a nice day today! The sun was out, the sky was clear blue, the birds were singing, and all the kids were out on their bikes. I would have been on mine, too, except that something I had for lunch wasn’t agreeing with me so I really didn’t feel up to it. A walk around the neighborhood seemed like the perfect compromise.

While out walking, I came across a little girl riding her bike. She was maybe 6 years old, and just a cute as could be. Her bike was bright purple with pink flowers painted on it everywhere; her training wheels were white with pink stripes; and the clothing she had on were just about every color of the rainbow. Added to the whole ensemble was the fact that she had plastic flowers, of all types and sizes, attached to her bike in just about every imaginable place. She looked like a mobile flower arrangement!

She smiled at me as we passed and said, “Hi.”

So I greeted her back, saying “Hello. I like that bike. That is just beautiful.”

She smiled even bigger, and said “Thank You!” and then turned her bike around and went back to her mother.

Such a cutie…

No comments:

Post a Comment