Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Fourty Below

Man, is it ever cold outside!

This isn't the coldest it's ever been, but it's been cold a very long time. We're actually breaking a few records for the longest cold streak.

Thankfully, my car does alright in the cold. It starts right up and goes, even though it complains a bit while doing so.

I feel sorry for the local homeless people. Can you imagine being out there, with no where to go and no warmth to be had anywhere? The only thing I can think of that is in their favor is that they are mostly native people; they have the cultural advantage of generations worth of being used to the cold. They fare much better in it than us white folk would, and that's for sure.

My brother's house registered fourty below. My mother's farm hovers aroun 29 below. Here in Anchorage, we're bottoming out at about 16 below.

That's just too damn cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment