Monday, January 19, 2009

Craft Corner

Heather and Lauren came over this weekend and spent the afternoon with me. We had fun putting together my new Craft Corner! I'm very excited about this... it will be so nice when it's all finished. I'll have everything organized so neatly, and will be able to create the BEST cards ever!

I had purchased these "storage cubes" ahead of time from Michael's Craft Store: 2 each of 4 designs. They are designed to fit together in various arrangements, each one being about 15" square. Some have shelves, some have drawers, some have a mixture of each. I had several 50% off coupons to buy them with and the store had them on sale as well, so I ended up getting them all for a very good price.

Heather and Lauren spent the evening putting them together while I spent the time getting the corner ready. I had a lot of junk to go thru, tossing out what I really didn't need to keep and organizing the remainder into more logical piles. The iron shelving unit got moved over to the opposite wall, making room for the cubbies, and the piles of stuff got organized onto it. Pictures had to be rehung in a new arrangement, with one picture being relocated to another room entirely.

Speaking of pictures, I also had eight of my own photographs framed. These are photos of various trips I've taken over the years: two from Mongolia, one from Costa Rica, one from Nova Scotia, and the rest from around Alaska (Seward, Hope, Hatcher's Pass, and Eagle River). They got hung up above the where the new craft cubbies go, and I must say they look good. The level we used to mark where to put the nails wasn't exactly level, but I think no one but myself will notice.

The best part of our afternoon together was watching the cats play. They were all excited about having company, plus all the boxes and packaging material tossed into the corner of the room provided great entertainment. Both Thing and Djuna were in rare form, darting around at top speeds like wildcats and checking out each and every part both before and after construction. Alien even woke up to come see what was going on. All three cats are passed out from exhaustion today, I'm sure!

There are just two cubbies left to be put together: the two hardest ones, of course! Heather and Lauren had to go home at a reasonable hour, so were not able to finish up last night. Heather will stop by tonight to get them done, and then I can get my table and countertops cleaned off.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:02 AM

    Can you come over and organize my crafts next?

    ReplyDelete