Friday, January 25, 2008

Yesterday was a Good Day

I had a lunch meeting with the AIA150 group; we met at The City Diner to discuss a potential project for the rural communities of Alaska. We want to come up with a way to get the architectural population more connected to the rest of the world. Should be interesting, especially if they pick the proposal I like best. There is a little community named Georgetown, located off the Kuskokwim River, that is looking at a very real economic boom coming at them from the gold mine that will be built in their town. They need to have a master plan in place to be able to handle the influx of money & people without loosing their identity as a native people. They don’t even have power right now and soon will be overwhelmed by “progress”.

After work I met up with a couple girls from the Alaska Zoo for dinner at our favorite restaurant, Orso’s. Katie is the Education Director and Heather is the Volunteer Coordinator. It was a great dinner, full of laughs and lots of girl talk.

After that I walked across town to my writing class. I turned in a little piece I wrote a while ago that will be offered out to the class for critique = it will be interesting to see the results. I’m working on another piece now that will be turned in once I get a good feel for what the class expects from me. Maybe I’ll even post it here on my Blog – who knows!

I got home finally around 9:45 or so, but spent about half an hour on the computer getting some thoughts down. The drive home after class seems to be a very productive time for me: I come up with all sorts of story ideas that just have to be written down before I loose them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment