Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Pizza and Beer

I met up with an old friend of mine for dinner tonight. She and I worked together back in my Pipeline days (meaning we both worked Big Oil on the Alyeska Pipeline together). She is back at it, up in Prudhoe Bay working a 2-and-2 schedule (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off). I had thought it would be just me and her, but she ended up bringing her whole crew with her! When all was said and done, we stuffed 11 people into a table meant to hold maybe 8.

The place we went to, called The Moose’s Tooth (www.moosestooth.net), is known for having the best pizza in town, and the parking lot reflected that reputation. I had to drive around several times before finding a spot just recently vacated. Inside, the wait for our table wasn’t that bad: I barely had time to read a chapter in my book (I always carry my book with me – you never know when you’ll be presented with the opportunity to get some reading in) before they set off our “vibrator” thingy.

The place is also known for their beer: made in-house and famous the world over. For those of you who don’t drink beer (there actually are some who don't) they also make their own Root Beer, Cream Soda, and Ginger Ale. All of which are sold by the glass, by the pitcher, or by the barrel.

With that many people at the table, we ended up ordering 3 large pizzas – and I do mean LARGE – with one small personal-sized one for me (vegetarian). Several people ordered salads and/or appetizers also, and there still wasn’t anything left over.

The big surprise of the night was seeing a particular man walk in. Way, way, way back when – I actually had dated him! Hadn’t seen him in about 14 years; it was a little strange. Couldn’t help but remember the reason why we broke up, if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment