Monday, July 10, 2023

My New Dehydrator!

For my birthday this year, Bryan got me a new Dehydrator. 

I finally got around to trying it out this past weekend and I absolutely LOVE this thing! It’s so easy to use, and the results are just perfect. The first food item I did was a bunch of mushrooms that Mother brought home from the Senior Center. 

First I cut them all into ¼” slices. 

Then I arranged them on the wire racks. 

Then I set the timer & temperature gages and just walked away! The machine did it all, while I got to move on to other chores around the house.

The next day I unloaded the trays and put the mushrooms into a jar for the pantry.

They are quite beautiful, I must say. I have since dehydrated some Basil and some Parsley as well.

1 comment:

  1. Heather (Scrappy)6:29 AM

    I think John has the same dehydrator...I haven't used it much but I would like to! This post has inspired me to get going on it. How did you know what temperature to put it at? I assume the manual....

    ReplyDelete