Monday, July 10, 2023

40th High School Reunion

This year was my 40th High School Reunion!

At first, I wasn’t really interested in attending any of the events planned to commemorate the event – but Bryan talked me in to it. And I must say, I’m glad he did. While I am not the most social person in the world, it was really nice to see a few familiar faces and talk to people I hadn’t seen in over 20 years.

The venue was very nice: MountainField Farms is a Flower Farm, growing peonies, dahlias, sunflowers, ranunculus, anemones and dozens of cut flower varieties. They have a couple of VRBO rentals and can host private events like weddings and/or high school reunions. And it just so happens that one of our classmates owns the property – so I have a feeling we got a bit of a deal that weekend.

Friday night was a Meet & Greet, with an open bar and a smorgasbord full of nibbles to munch on. The main event was Saturday evening with dinner catered by a local Mexican chef. Sunday breakfast closed out the weekend. I fully intended to go to each event but ended up with a migraine Sunday morning so had to miss that one.

The organizers of the event did a great job, with baskets full of old photos on each table, a special display of classmates who have unfortunately passed on, lots of games like Trivia and Cornhole, and even a scavenger hunt spread out all over town.

No comments:

Post a Comment