Monday, July 10, 2023

Hiking with Family

I had a 4-day weekend to myself last week, so made a point of going out hiking with my brother Reed. He likes to do The Butte, since it’s relatively easy and yet still quite a hard work-out, and it’s located very close to his house. As luck would have it, my niece Laurel and her two girls joined us!

Reed works hard all week long, so he requested a 10:00 starting time – that’s a bit later than I originally wanted, but it was quite doable. The wind was really blowing, especially up at the top – and the trail was super dusty, so there was grit in our eyes pretty much the entire trail. It was still a nice hike, regardless.

I am always surprised at how difficult it actually is. It’s only about 1 mile long with a 700 foot elevation gain, but it still kicks my butt each time I do it. And check Laurel out – she did the entire trail while carrying a 40-pound child on her back! She is pretty badass, if you ask me.

After the hike, I stopped at the new International Market to check it out and got myself some tea – then I stopped at Bushes Bunches and got myself some fresh basil to throw in the dehydrator.

Not a bad day!

No comments:

Post a Comment