Monday, September 21, 2020

The Finishing Touches

Bryan went in to Anchorage on Friday to put the finishing touches on the house. I was supposed to have gone with him, but had unexpected work (like, my job kind of work) to be done instead – so he had to go by himself. He shot off an email to our property management company letting them know he’d be there working just in case they had any walk-throughs scheduled.

The response we got from them was a complete shock: they said “Thanks for the update. New tenants are moving in tomorrow.” 

What!?! New tenants!?! TOMORROW!?!

I called Bryan as soon as I got the email because I knew that he was still driving and would not read it until he got to the rental unit. He had the exact same response I did.

What!?! New tenants!?! TOMORROW!?!

So, I apparently have the place rented out as of Saturday September 19. We got some more information about them once Bryan got back home. My new tenants are a married couple with one young child, a dog and a cat.

I have to admit I’m a little ticked off at that last item. I clearly stated in the paperwork that tenants were allowed one dog OR one cat. Not one dog AND one cat. I could not have stated it any clearer, and now there’s nothing I can do about it. Yet another instance of people not doing what they said they would. (I mean, of course, the property management company saying “we listen to our clients”.)

But at least I have it rented out – let’s just hope these people are nicer than the others were.

1 comment:

  1. I will state again that I do not know anyone who has been happy with their property management company. If this one also goes bust, I think you should consider managing it yourself!

    ReplyDelete