Friday, September 18, 2020

Date Night Out

**edited to include photos, as requested**

I had a bad day yesterday, so Bryan decided to treat me to dinner out! 

It’s a risk given the current circumstances, but the restaurant we went to is doing everything they can to minimize exposure – and we were good citizens and wore our masks up to and after eating. 

We went to Ginger Basil out in Wasilla – have you been there? They are expensive, but the food is really good. And it was just what I needed to cheer me up.

We began with appetizers, ordering their vegetarian Spring Rolls, which were quite large and tasty. Our main course consisted of the Buddha Roll (crabmeat, yamagobo, avocado, cucumber, mango, tamago, wrapped in soypaper) for me and the Sunny Roll (whitefish, tuna, and cucumber topped with sliced lemon, salmon, tobiko and scallions finished with mango and yuzu sauce) for him. Bryan also ordered two nigiri: the Hamachi (yellowtail tuna) and the Maguro (big eye tuna). Accompanying our meal was an order of their House Hot Sake – a very mellow sake that was a good match to our food.

Afterwards, on our way out the door, one of the waitresses stopped and said “Oh what a cute mask! Those Llamas are ADORABLE!” (Thank you, Noel, for making it). 

Bryan good-naturedly complained that no one liked his mask (army green camo) so I said “If a guy comes up to you and says Oh, your mask is ADORABLE! - I don’t think you’d like that quite as much as I did.”

He agreed I had a point.

4 comments:

  1. I want to see the llama mask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photo of the llama mask, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And again...nobody asks to see the (very cool and awesome!) camo mask ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that llama mask really is awesome! It looks like the weaving style I saw in Peru. And Bryan, the whole reason behind "camo" is NOT to be noticed; so, I guess it is working!

    ReplyDelete