Monday, August 31, 2020

The Final Tally – Sorta

We’re not completely done yet, but I do have most of the numbers. I probably should wait until I have them all, but I’m rather anxious to get this over and done with so am chomping at the bits, as they say.

  • Handyman = $4,433.00
  • Carpet Cleaners = $125.00
  • Buying Carpet = $1,484.49
  • Carpet Installers = $745.90
  • Yard Work = $250.00
  • House Cleaners = $725.00

The handyman did not do as much fence work as he thought he would, but did end up doing more on the plumbing leak than he originally planned on – so his number is going to shift around a bit when it’s all said and done.

We are extremely unhappy with the yard maintenance work, so Bryan has them going back out there tomorrow to do it again. This time, I hope they do it right – I hate shoddy work. I don’t expect their bill to go up any, but you just never know.

So now the bill stands at $7,762.49 – and we still need to get the fireplace cleaned out and inspected, the furnace cleaned out and inspected, and the deck & front walkway stained.  

To say that I am not happy with my previous tenants would be a colossal understatement.

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to rent again, or sell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...what a total pain in the ass! I'm sorry you're dealing with all this! You sure, after you get it spic and span again, that you don't want to just sell it and be done with it? They say it's a sellers market right now!

    ReplyDelete