Friday, August 21, 2020

The End of an Era

 

I took down the shelving in the library today.

Sigh…

I built that shelving over 20 years ago, and have absolutely loved it every since. I have thousands of books, and this shelving displayed them all proudly and beautifully.

But it was time to convert the room back into an actual bedroom so that it could be rented out. So – I spent 5 hours today with a pry bar and a screw driver. The room will get a new coat of paint and new carpet - it will be good as new!

I was exchanging texts with the man who helped me build them the whole time I was taking them down, too. He and I were both reminiscing their birth and lamenting their demise.


While I was working in the library, Bryan worked in the kitchen installing new LED lights and taking out the microwave that no longer works. Our contractor will install a new range hood in its place.




3 comments:

  1. Hard work, but it will look so good when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's so sad for a reader to say goodbye to shelves that held so many great reads. You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the end of an era! Did you say that the shelves will be rehomed?

    ReplyDelete