Friday, October 11, 2019

I'm Half The Person I Used To Be


Back in May of 2017 I found myself at the store looking at the racks of jeans for sale. The ones I had one were way too tight and I realized I would have to get the next size up. But the ones I had on were already a size 16 and I really did not want to buy a size 18. I just didn’t. So, right then and there, I vowed to lose weight and get back down to the size 8 that I used to be.

Based by my past experiences, I knew that the most reliable way for me to attain my goal was to join Weight Watchers – so the very next day I drove to the University Mall and signed myself up. I didn’t tell anybody, not even my partner, because I just wanted to get comfortable with the idea first.

Eventually I did confess to my partner that I had joined. He was surprised, but supportive. So supportive, in fact, that he joined with me! “It’s not going to work for me, “ he said “but that’s not why I’m doing it. I’m doing it to support your efforts, that’s all.”

Jump forward two years, and you’ll find us both with a combined weight loss of very close to 100 pounds! It DOES work, and it did for him just as much as it did for me! We both go to the weekly workshops and each have our phones loaded with the WW Ap.

It has completely changed the way we eat: both of us are a lot more aware of portion sizes and sneaky snacks. We eat way more vegetables than ever before, and have almost worn out our Spiralizer. Our freezer is full of salmon & chicken breasts, and we even allow ourselves the occasional treat now and then (maybe a donut for me and a steak for him).

I still have a ways to go before I reach my official goal, but I’m very happy with the results so far, and can easily see myself sticking to this program for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment