Friday, October 11, 2019

Happenstance!


I just happened to be poking around the Events section of Facebook when I came across an event at our local comic book store. I’m not really in to comic books – just never could get in to them – but what caught my eye was the name of a local author: Sean Schubert. He’s apparently going to be there this Saturday signing his Alaskan Undead Apocalypse series (all 5 books!). I’m actually pretty excited about that!!


My partner and I stumbled onto this series a few years ago, and had such fun reading them. We really aren’t “in” to Zombies and such, but this series is set right here in Anchorage. You can actually follow the characters around on a map as they travel from Providence Hospital to the Fred Meyers on the corner, all across town and into the neighboring cities as well.

I’m planning to buy all 5 books and have Sean sign them all. I have them on my Kindle right now, but they’re so much fun I need to have them on my bookshelf too!

Call it my PFD purchase for the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment