Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Thank You!


I’d like to send out a big Thank You to everybody who helped me out during all my surgeries: seriously, you helped a lot.

First to Mother, who came in to town and took care of me post-op on each surgery: I simply could not have done it without your help. There is truth to the old saying that nothing is better than one’s mother when you’re not feeling well. I love you! The flowers were nice, too – even though they weren’t exactly what you ordered.

Next to Rob, who drove me to and from the hospital and all the follow up doctor’s visits – even though it cut in to his Dad time with his children. I really appreciate it.

To GDM, for being so understanding and for providing employment & the insurance that paid for all of this. They allowed me to take time off work, even though I had already used up most of my paid leave time by going to the Amazon in February – and they even bought me a Get Well package of tea from Summit Spice. Thank You!

Thanks to my best friends Kat for sending me a package in the mail: hand-made chocolates all the way from Potsdam New York! I didn’t realize until I opened the box just how much I really needed good chocolate. My friend, you know me well.

Thank you, also, to Debbie for the yummy fruit bouquet – not only did I get to eat chocolate dipped strawberries & pineapple, but now I have a nice blue mug to remember you by each time I use it!

And to everybody who sent me their healing thoughts & prayers, it worked. I survived with minimal discomfort and am healing up quickly. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends & family.

I love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment