Monday, October 29, 2012

Insurance


“Get ready for a fight.” My niece warned me. And she should know: she’s had to deal with insurance a lot in her life.

But I honestly have to say that I am actually rather impressed with the insurance company so far. They have been more than helpful when I call to ask questions, and any misunderstandings that have occurred have been on my part. I simply didn't understand their policy regarding what is and what isn't covered. Once they explained it all to me, it made perfect sense.

Here are the numbers so far, keeping in mind that fact that I don’t have everything from this final surgery in yet.

Surgery on my neck cost $99,224.64  
          of which I will have to pay $8,681.46

Surgery on my shoulder cost $32,252.32  
          of which I will have to pay $1,708.20

Everything together comes to a grand total of $131,476.96
          My total bill will be about $10,389.66

No comments:

Post a Comment