Friday, December 07, 2012

Single Again


Once again, I find myself in the single world. What’s really pathetic about it all is that he dumped me years ago – it just took me this long to admit it.

In his defense, he was as honest with me as he could be. He said all along that we were just friends. I simply couldn't believe it – didn't want to believe it. I went along with it, telling him what he wanted to hear, so it’s my own fault that he actually believed me.

So today he tells me he met somebody else. 

The funny thing is (no, it’s not funny – but it is, sorta) she’s dumped him so now he’s all sad and wants me to comfort him. And since I've been saying all along that yes, we are just friend, I find myself in the position where I have to pretend that I care.

I do care, actually. No one deserves to be hurt, regardless of their blindness towards other people in their life.

I just keep telling him that I know how he feels.

3 comments:

  1. Christi7:48 PM

    Ruth, perhaps he just can't help that he's a jerk and you’re an enabler. Take it from someone who had too dang many jerks, there are some magnificent men folk out there waiting to discover you when you get yourself disentangled from the JERKS. And for God’s sake quit being so understanding, when it’s not reciprocated… you hurt too and where’s his under-frickin’-standing??? Be Healthy in Heart, Mind & Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you have to be the friend when your heart wants more. It's such a hard position to be in and sadly one i've also found myself in before. Hopefully you both get through your heartaches and then you find an amazing guy who isn't just a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being just the friend is the worst feeling ever, especially when you want more. I hope your heart heals quickly and you find a guy who wants to be more to you than just a friend.

    ReplyDelete