Monday, February 28, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

My roommate is gone!

She moved out this weekend, and I have my house back. She hired professional movers to help her, since she had so much stuff, and had a big moving van out in my driveway the whole day.

I spent the day with Rob, only stopping in once to make sure my girls were safely locked in the library. While I was there I counted at least 5 guys, all tromping thru my house with their winter boots on, getting ice melt and snow all over the place. I completely stressed out just in the 10 minutes I was there, so I am very thankful that Rob let me hang out with him.

When I got home that evening she was gone.

She left a huge mess, though. He room has nail holes all over the walls, garbage all over the floor, several cables and extension cords left plugged in, and various other items left behind. The bathroom has things I don’t even want to identify left behind, and will need a lot of attention and elbow grease to clean up. The garage is littered with trash, used tape, parts of boxes, and miscellaneous debris spread out all over. Even the kitchen was left in a wreck, with food out on the counter and in the freezer, and the fridge is filthy. She even left a pair of boots behind at the front door.

I’m going to consider all the things she left behind as payment for cleaning up after her – since I was not smart enough to have charged a security deposit when she moved in.

Mother has said that she would come in one weekend to help me shampoo all the carpets. Kelly, Heather, and Rob have all said they would help me paint the walls. Rob has already changed the locks on my front door (the roommate did not leave her keys when she left, so that was the FIRST thing I did the next day).

Room by room, I am slowly reclaiming my house – straightening up and getting re-organized again.

Life is Good.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Congrats on reclaiming your house.

    And don’t get too mad at your EX-roommate: she will pay for her behaviour. The universe works in miraculous ways!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:54 PM

    Nice! Well, I'm glad to hear you have your home to yourself again. " ) Lorna bee

    ReplyDelete