Monday, February 14, 2011

The Job Situation

Sigh.

The job I’ve been counting on fell thru. It was with an architectural firm, and they currently are “experiencing a lull” so are not hiring at this time.

Yeah, where have I heard that before?

But they do still have my resume on file and will contact me when/if things pick up.

Again, where have I heard that before?

Honestly, it’s enough to make one just give up on the whole industry! What I’m doing instead is accepting the fact that I will be working for less than unemployment wages for the next few years, and will just be happy that I have a job at all. It’s not that bad of a job, either.

They are getting a new program; I will have to learn it in the next few weeks, before the season picks up. I’m fairly excited about that, except that I know it will take me even farther away from ever getting a “real job” in the future.

I’m still putting out an ad for pet sitting, and am currently working one of those jobs as we speak. Tommy is a huge orange fluffy boy who is just the sweetest guy. He’s here at my house till his human can find a place to live that will accept both a cat and a dog. Thing and Djuna are not very happy about having a yucky boy in their house – but they’ll get over it, I’m sure.

So, I guess it’s not all bad news. Just not what I wanted…

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:24 AM

    Bummer...."patience, Grasshopper" Hang in there, Ruth
    Lorna B.

    ReplyDelete