Monday, February 21, 2011

New Digs for an Old Rut

For the past few years I’ve been carrying all my letter writing materials (pens, cards, address book, stamps, and labels) in an old Victoria’s Secret bag I got when I went to Seattle with my sister and her daughter about 6-7 years ago. The bag was already quite old when I started to use it for writing my letters each Sunday; it finally fell apart this weekend, giving me the perfect excuse to buy something I’ve had my eye on for quite some time now.

I got me a brand new Star Trek Lunch Pail (the original series with Captain Kirk, Spok, and the whole crew) from Hallmark! It’s so cool.

As an added bonus, it had actually been marked down from the original price.

Next time you see me at The Perfect Cup on Sundays, sitting at my corner table drinking my cup of tea, you will see my lunch pail proudly displayed on the table next to me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:06 AM

    I love how you still write letters and cards, i was just having a conversation with an employee on Friday about my grandmother and how she had this writing desk, one of those old ones with all the little drawers and slots and i remember her sitting there writing and i can still remember her beautiful handwriting. We talked about how people don't do that really anymore, write letters, they just email or text. I really should start writing letters again :)

    Tina

    ReplyDelete