Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Giving In to Temptation

I tried to resist. In fact, I did resist - for a whole weekend. But today, I finally gave in. I just couldn’t hold out any longer.

I went to the bookstore.

The bad news is that Borders is going out of business. They are closing down their Anchorage store, and will no longer be my supplier – unless I order online, of course.

The good news is that everything is on sale. Not so great a sale right now as they only just announced the closure. I’m sure as time goes on the sales will get more and more impressive. The supply, however, will continue to diminish so the odds of getting that specific book you’ve been looking for will diminish as well.

Like I need more books!

But I ended up getting three:

The Diamond of Darkhold
By Jeanne DuPrau

At Home: a Short History of Private Life
By: Bill Bryson

Seeing Further: the Story of Science, Discovery, and the Genius of the Royal Society
Edited by: Bill Bryson

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:33 AM

    Ruth,
    We all have a limit on willpower! I was tempted to fly home early to check out the Border's sale....!
    Lorna Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:39 PM

    Ilove Diamond of Darkhold
    jk

    ReplyDelete