Thursday, February 18, 2010

Feeding My Addiction

There’s a name for a person who gets somebody addicted to a substance, and then feeds it just enough to keep it going and preventing the person from recovering. I can’t quite put my tongue on it, but I know there is a word for it.

Whatever the word is – that’s what my niece is!

She’s got me addicted to watching several TV series on DVD and periodically feeds me the next season – thereby ensuring that I will be hooked forever.

She is an evil, evil person. Evil, I say!

She started out by loaning me season one of Dexter, a show that apparently airs on HBO. If you’re familiar with Dexter, you’ll know that it’s a bit unsettling – but I quickly got hooked. Then, when I was ready for season two, she also loaned me season one of Criminal Minds. Again, I got hooked.

So today she loans me the following:
     Seasons two and three of Criminal Minds
     Season one of all three CSI shows (CSI, CSI Miami, and CSI New York)
     Season one of Burn Notice
     Season one of Quantum Leap
     Seasons one and two of Eureka

And on top of all of that she went and bought me 6 movies the other day (I paid her back, though – she just got really good deals). I now am the proud owner of:
     Whiteout
     Galaxy Quest
     Practical Magic
     Prince Caspian
     Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
     District 9

Added to which I have a friend who got me hooked on the series Supernatural, so I’ve been watching those too… I may never need to watch regular television again!

2 comments:

  1. It's very known addiction, people all over the world suffer from it..
    I absolutely love Eureka!
    Used to watch Burn Notice on tv, before we left for Australia.
    You should get Lost (we are watching season 6 now, big fans).
    How about "The Tudors"?
    "Rome" was good..
    Oh sorry, I'm afraid I'm adding to your addiction..But you know, misery likes company...:)
    Greetings from Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stewart2:09 PM

    Series are cool, can't be NetFlix for getting them either. I can't believe you haven't gotten Lost yet. Amazingly enough, Desperate Housewives was great.
    Our All Time Favorite is Driftwood! We watched that on my laptop while in Cordova last time.

    ReplyDelete