Monday, August 03, 2009

Single Again

I am once again single: my roommate Trish has gone back to college.

Her last day here in Alaska was Friday. She got to spend her last day at the zoo on a field trip out to Seward to see the SeaLife Center! I haven’t heard how that went, but really – how could it be anything less than great? It’s the SeaLife Center, after all. That pretty much took up her entire day, so she had packed up her stuff the night before.

While waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up to take her to the airport, she spent her last hour or so cleaning up after herself. She did a great job, too – the room is spotless, as is her bathroom. She had a few food items left over in the fridge; those will either be eaten by me or be passed on to others in my family.

Now the house is quiet, and I find that I actually miss her. It’s funny because I really didn’t want a roommate in the first place, but now that she’s gone I find that I had gotten used to her being around.

Unfortunately, I will have to rent the room out again soon. I only hope I get another good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment