Thursday, March 26, 2009

Glacier Valley Farms CSA

Yesterday, I picked up my first box of produce from the local CSA group that I joined recently. I have to say I’m hooked: it’s all really good food, and there’s a lot of it – but not so much that I’ll waste any. Most of it is local, but all of it is organic. You can sign up for once a week, every other week, once a month – however often you want.

Plus, they give you lots of recipes to try out any new foods you might not be familiar with.

Here’s a list of what I got, and for only $30.

From Alaska’s Glacier Valley Farm and VanderWeele Farm:
4 Alaskan russet potatoes
a bunch of Alaskan carrots
2 small Alaskan green cabbages
4 small Alaskan onions

From Outside:
1 certified organic cauliflower
a bunch of certified organic spinach
1 carton certified organic white mushrooms
a bunch of certified organic cilantro
4 certified organic Granny Smith apples
3 certified organic navel oranges
2 certified organic d’Anjou pears

I highly recommend you sign up and start getting your own boxes!

http://glaciervalleycsa.com/

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:41 PM

    Ruth,
    I just signed up for the CSA. Thanks for bloging about it. I wanted to join one, but I wanted to support our local farmers. My favorite farm is included, so that is great. I get my first box on the 15th.
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:19 PM

    Thanks for your informaiton, I just signed up and paid $35 a box for next week. Did they just increase the price?

    ReplyDelete