Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hanging By A Thread

Alien was trying to get me to wake up this morning so I'd lift him up into bed with me. He does this by sitting down on the floor and smacking his lips for a while. When that doesn't work he'll reach up with his paw and pat the bed for a while. When that doesn't work he'll actually stand up and reach further with his paw, patting whatever he can reach.

This morning when he did that he must have had his mouth open because when he sat back down again he got his two front teeth (the long canines) hooked on my blanket. He pulled a string loose so he was basically hanging by his teeth, choking and gagging while trying to pull himself off the string.

Cats never want to come forward when they're hung up on something - you ever notice that? They try to pull instead.

When I reached down to rescue him he actually tried to pull away from me. Eventually I got him off the string and into bed with me - which is what he wanted in the first place.

He purred and purred and purred...

No comments:

Post a Comment