Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bad Hair Day

When I picked up Cute Scientist Guy from the airport, he gave me a look that said – loud and clear –I looked nothing like what he expected. Then he asked me, “Do you like your hair that way?”

That’s when I knew I should grow it out. I had cut it all off for my Mongolia expedition, figuring that no hair would be easier to deal with out in the desert than three feet of hair, and had kept it short ever since.

I like it short, but I also like it long. What I don’t like is the in-between stage. The stage where it’s long enough to fall into your eyes every time you look down at your desk, but not long enough to be able to do anything about it.

Sure, I can put clips on or slip a band around my head. But then I look even more ridiculous because I have “wings” that stick straight out the sides of my head.

It’s very frustrating, and if memory serves me from the last time I grew my hair out, this stage lasts a good six to nine months.

Noel does what she can for me. She’s a great hairdresser – I drive all the way out to Palmer to have my hair taken care of by her, rather than use anybody here in my own town (and not just because she’s my sister) – and has all kinds of tricks that she uses to help me thru it. She even has me using a product that speeds up the hair growth, although it’s still slow.

But, I figure by the time Cute Scientist Guy comes back up for another visit, I’ll have hair. We’ll see what he thinks then!

No comments:

Post a Comment