Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Maid Service

One of the many hardships I had to endure in my time of unemployment was the loss of my monthly maid.

Boy, I sound so pretentious, don't I? But really, it was quite distressing.

However, after taking a look at my financial state now that I’m working again, I determined that I can once again afford the luxury. Believe me, once you’ve had it, you’ll find almost anyway you can to get it back.

I am doing quite well, though. I had money saved up ahead of time, and was given a severance check when I was let go. All of that on top of stringent budgeting means that I can afford to relax a little bit.

I may even be able to get my blinds that I’ve been wanting: the energy-efficient ones that help to hold the heat in so well.

I’m a happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment