Monday, March 31, 2008

Homemade Cards

In honor of March being National Craft Month, I decided to try something new. Those of you who know me well know that I have not one single creative bone in my body! My sisters all got that particular gene – not me. But I am a letter writer, so I thought perhaps I could try my hand at making my own cards.

I went to the Paper Wishes web-site (www.paperwishes.com) and signed up for their Cardmaking Personal Shopper program. For the low monthly fee of $19.99 (plus shipping and handling) I get a package in the mail each month that contains every thing I need to make 20 cards: all the supplies, blank cards, and instructions.

They also have a page in their website catering specifically to cardmakers that gives tips, special deals, and more patterns to follow each month.

Since I have never done this sort of thing before, I invited my sister to come over for an evening of crafting, since she is a veteran scrap-booker and has tons of supplies, tools, and ideas. She helped me thru the agonizing process of making my first card – which honestly didn’t turn out that bad! My second card, made on my own with minimal help from her, was much worse. But – I had fun!

I was only able to make the two cards that night, so invited a friend from work to come over on a different night to make some more. She is, again, a veteran scrap-booker – and, again, had all kinds of goodies with her. She worked on her project while I worked on mine, and we had a nice evening of chatting, crafting, and admiring my girls (the cats).

I think I’m going to like this crafting thing…

No comments:

Post a Comment