Monday, March 17, 2008

The End

Our final Family Movie Night was this past weekend: we had a record turnout, too! I think I counted around 20+ people at one point, but may well have missed a few heads.

Lets see if I can name them all: Mother, Myself, Heather, Reed, Gleo, Pam and her friend, Stewart, Julie, Tucker, Noel, Hank, Kelly, Tara, Laurel & Baby (still in the oven), TJ, Gareth & his girlfriend, Robin & Jamie… I think that’s all…

As usual, a lot of people did their craftwork while watching. Julie is starting a blanket with her crochet, Tara is working on a tote bag (she’s crocheting it out of plastic bags!), Noel had some knitting…

We did a Taco Bar this time, and had all sorts of yummy fillings for the taco shells. There was halibut or ground beef to start out with, and then all the toppings you can imagine to top it off.

The movie itself, I have to admit, was not as good as the previous ones have been. This one was mostly talking: interviews with leading scientists in whatever field they are in, dignitaries from all over the world, Big Oil was even represented with the guy’s ideas on what is going on and how to deal with it.

There was a lot of talk about getting another series of movies going, to continue the Family Movie Night theme, but I am kinda looking forward to spending a Sunday afternoon lounging around my own home for a change. Maybe in a week or two, I’ll be ready to do it again.

Reed was talking about showing the Firefly series (that’s a Sci-Fi Channel series), or maybe I can get The Body Atlas on DVD and show it. It costs a pretty penny ($150.00) but would be so cool.

We’ll see…

No comments:

Post a Comment