Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Progress So Far

So - how am I doing so far this year on my New Year's Resolutions?

Not too bad if you take in to account that I have a whole year to accomplish these things. Not so good if you take in to account that there are several things I should be doing already but aren't.

Resolution #1: Ride the Bus to work at least once a week during the summer months---possibly extend into the winter months, too

= Nope, I'm not doing that one yet. Realistically I did say "during the summer months" and it most definitely is NOT summer around here. But there really is no reason why I should wait till then.

Resolution #2: Work out at the gym at least 3 times a week---loose a pound a week---improve my lower back

= Nope, I'm not doing that one yet either. I really do need to loose about 30 pounds, and I'm giving myself till next year to do it. What I'm thinking now is that I will hire a personal trainer to work with me at the gym.

Resolution #3: Organize my recycling efforts better---get bins set up in garage---set a regularly scheduled recycling day, perhaps quarterly

= I've had some progress on this one, but I still have a long way to go. I need to borrow somebody with a truck to take the load of cardboard I have waiting for me in the garage out to the recycling center. Then I will have them come with me to the store to buy some actual bins to put in the garage to organize things better.

Resolution #4: Be more aware of where my food comes from and the actual cost to our environment---buy from local Farmer's Markets---buy Organic

= this one isn't really quantifiable, but I am reading up on the topic, and as they say "education is the first step" so...

Resolution #5: Take a load of unnecessary "stuff" to Goodwill

= Now, this one I've done. I went thru the house and gathered up several large bags full of unnecessary stuff and hauled it all out to Goodwill. I feel pretty good about that!

Resolution #6: Vote

= I definitely put the ball in motion for this one. I registered, and located my polling station. I am trying to keep up on the presidential campaigns to be sure I pick the right one. When the time actually comes to vote, I will be right there waiting in line with the rest of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment