Thursday, February 07, 2008

Dinner with a Friend

I got to have dinner with my friend Alison last night. Her fiancé was even able to join us! We met after work at her favorite Thai place, called Siam Cuisine. It was a very tasty meal: fresh spring rolls and corn cakes for appetizers, followed by the main course of glass noodles stir-fried with veggies and tofu.

Well, that’s what I had at least – the other two had their own main courses, which I’m sure were just as good as mine was. No one had any leftovers, at least: that’s always a good indication.

I haven’t seen Alison in a while so it was good to catch up on events. She and Ken are planning their wedding, which is coming up really soon. Stress levels are a little high, as you might expect. They have the added hurdle of planning for a wedding out of state – everything has to be done by phone and/or email.

It sounds like its going to be quite beautiful, with good food to follow at the reception. His family is from San Francisco, where the wedding is to be held, but her's is from New York. Added to which are all their friends from various other states. I haven’t heard any final numbers yet, but it sounds like it will be well attended.

I will not be able to attend, unfortunately. My last vacation ate up all my leave time, and I am now trying to save up for my next big vacation (to Africa: more about that later). I’m hopeful that they will have some sort of gathering her in Anchorage once they return from their honeymoon.

All in all, our dinner was a very pleasant 2 hours. It was good to laugh with a friend - sometimes work just gets so all-consuming, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment