Monday, April 20, 2020

Spring Is Almost Here


I can tell it’s almost spring because Mother has been outside gardening almost all weekend long! She has most of the lawn raked and ready for grass to grow, and is even getting some plants outside in their winter pots, to toughen them up and get them ready to plant in the ground again. Temperatures are rising and it’s actually been raining enough that the snow has almost disappeared.

Bryan was out there with her on Saturday, getting the shed organized and the catio roof re-attached after the big wind storm. Fairly soon we’ll have to tackle the pile of lawn clippings and random twigs that piled up over the season last summer: load it up into the truck and take it down to the landfill. He’s also eyeing the old treehouse to try and figure out how to demolish it. it’s not safe for kids to climb on, so it’s best to just get rid of it. He even got Mother’s Lincoln out of storage and running again for her. It weathered the winter rather well, although it did have a severely flat tire.

Naldo and Viktor have been supervising all this outdoor activity from the safety of their catio, although I do have to admit that Naldo doesn’t really like going outside all that much. I think it’s still a bit too chilly for her. Viktor has a thicker coat, so he’s out there as much as he can be – as long as we’re out there with him, that is.

I can’t say that I’ve been out there much. Lawn work just really isn’t my thing. I’ll happily help out if asked, but much prefer to sit up in my craft room and play with my paper cuttings.

1 comment: