Thursday, April 02, 2020

No Zombies Here


Today was the first day I’ve left the house in over a week. Aside from a few brief walks around the neighborhood, that is.

It felt very strange – I was almost afraid, even. Of course, I know that’s silly – but I half expected to see zombies stumbling around! Thankfully, all I saw were fellow Palmeranians picking up their groceries.

We did the whole “order on-line, curb-side pick-up” thing earlier this week. It went surprisingly well. Navigating around on the website took some doing; it’s not exactly intuitive. We eventually managed to put our list together and then went to schedule a time to get our groceries – only to discover that the nearest timeslot available was 4 days later! That was a shock. We went ahead and scheduled it, though, figuring we didn’t have anything else to do – and anything we might consider “an emergency” could always be picked up the normal way.

When our scheduled pick-up time finally arrived, I got dressed (yes, I’ve been wearing my pajamas at work all week) and hopped in the car to head on down to the store. It was quite easy to find the designated pick-up spot, and I chose a space separate from other shoppers, just in case. A quick phone call alerted the store that I was there, and a mere 5 minutes later a nice young man named Hunter brought my groceries out. I stood well back and let him do his thing, figuring he knew what to do and how to do it safely. I even got my Monopoly Tickets – because, you know, you might as well have some fun in this time of uncertainty.

As a bonus, Viktor and Naldo got to play in the paper bags after I put all the food away!

No comments:

Post a Comment