Monday, February 02, 2015

Weekend Retreat

I got to attend another Scrapbooking Retreat this weekend out at the Pioneer Ridge Bed & Breakfast (www.pioneerridge.com) and had such a good time.

Erica, our event coordinator, provided excellent meals: homemade chicken pot pie, scrumptious sandwiches with fresh veggies, amazing salads with candied pecans and blue cheese, and deserts that completely blew everybody’s diet out the window.

Attendance was a bit smaller than the last one I went to, but we still had at least 15 ladies there. This just meant that we all got a table to ourselves to spread out and work on our projects. Most people were scrapbooking, but some had their sewing machines going on quilts or their knitting needles clicking away at lacy scarves. For me, of course, it was cutting paper for my cards. In fact, I got 22 of them made!

My friend Heather and I carpooled in from Anchorage. It was a bit of a challenge getting all our gear into my tiny little car – but after three tries, we finally got it to fit. We also ended up sharing a room together, way down at the end of the hallway. It was good to catch up on all her news, what with two kids, a husband, and a home renovation project going on.

Unfortunately I had a migraine going on, so was not in the best of health throughout the weekend. But no one seemed to mind that I would excuse myself periodically to lay down in the dark for a while. I went to bed at 10:00 each night (the others didn’t get to bed until well after midnight), and since I was up each morning around 6:00 that gave me several hours of quiet time by myself before everybody else woke up.


All in all, I had a wonderful time – and look forward to our next one!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time. Maybe next time I should drive you both out there. I'm sure we could fit everything in the TRUCK :-)

    ReplyDelete