Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Bowling with the Family

The parking lot at the bowling alley was completely full when we got there, and inside was no better. I had apparently neglected to call before arranging this family gathering, or I would have known that Saturday morning was League Bowling.

Thankfully my family is always willing to go eat something regardless of the time of day, so we reconvened at The City Diner just down the street to while away a couple hours. A cup of tea, a veggie omelet, a piece of toast, and before you know it it’s time to head back again.

This time, we were able to get our shoes and head off to our assigned lane. Out of the five of us there that day, two of us had not seen the inside of a bowling alley in well over 25 years! The other three were definitely the ones to watch.

Hank started out strong, leading the pack with Mother coming in a close second. Lauren started out mid-range but by the end managed to pull herself up to first place! Bryan and I both bounced around switching places back and forth at the bottom of the list, but we had fun regardless.


I actually surprised myself by getting more than just a few strikes, but I was not consistent enough to hold on to any lead I might get. Each strike I made was inevitably followed by a gutter ball to the left side. But hey, I did occasionally get the ball right down the center!

1 comment:

  1. Heather10:56 AM

    Sounds like we would be a perfect match! Do this again soon please. 😊

    ReplyDelete