Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blister Beetle


Have you ever heard of a Blister Beetle? I hadn’t until Monday. Turns out that they live in the Amazon, and their “bite” is rather nasty.

I know this because one bit me!

Honestly, I was kinda freaking out on the trip. The bite on my foot just kept getting bigger and bigger, and I had no idea what it was. It started out looking like a mosquito bite, but now it’s just a really huge blister, a little bigger than a quarter.

I’m having fun grossing people out each time I show it to them. They all say the same thing: “Oh, my God!”

It is very painful, though. I really want to pop it but the doctor said I should just let it be. He gave me some prescription strength antihistamine to keep it from itching and some antibiotics to fight the infection that seems to be inside the blister.

I just hope it goes away soon; my shoes barely fit.

1 comment:

  1. If you don't have a pair of Crocs yet, I highly recommend them - but only the ORIGINAL ones. They're super roomy & airy; plus they're made of a lightweight foam, so there's not as much pressure on your food.

    ReplyDelete