Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Amazon


Well, I’m back! I had a wonderful time, too. It’s just amazing down there: so green and lush.

I will be writing up a full report of the trip for my travelogue on my website so won’t go in to too much depth, for now. I can say that it was the trip of a lifetime.

Basically, each day was spent working with the biologists doing various surveys – either Fish, Dolphin, Macaw, Caiman, or a Transect. My favorite were the Fish and the Dolphin, but I did do all of the others as well, at least once.

The accommodations were great: the boat was air conditioned and had plumbing even. I got a room to myself since the other volunteers were all couples. I did end up sharing the room with numerous insects, however. It is a tropical rainforest, after all, and you just cannot keep them out.

And yes, I got bit. A thousand times, it seems, by everything from mosquitoes to wasps to something called a Blister Beetle.

Still, it was so worth it!

I’ll let you all know when the write-up is finished so you can read it.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for full report..
    Hurry up woman! :)

    ReplyDelete