Friday, August 12, 2011

The Second Helping

It was such a nice sunny day yesterday I figured it would be the perfect time to get the second coat of stain on the garage door. I had worked on it last year, sanding off the old stuff and applying the first coat. Over the winter that got soaked in, so it really needed another.

It’s a fairly easy job, and only took an hour or so. The hardest part was getting the weather stripping off prior to painting – it’s screwed in with like a million screws, and I don’t have the power tools like Rob does, so had to make due with a good ol’ hand powered screw driver.

The door really soaked up the stain, too. Rob says I should do it each year, but that each year it will need less and less.

I also need to do the walkway and entry way, but that needs Rob’s air compressor to blow away all the debris so I can get a good layer down without dust in it.

When I look at pictures from before and compare them to now – wow… it really needed attention, and looks so good now.

No comments:

Post a Comment