Friday, August 12, 2011

Again with the Roller-Coaster!

And here I thought I was done with the ride… but it’s the DOW that’s going up and down this time, not me.

Have you been watching? It’s been quite the ride, let me tell you. I don’t even want to know how much I’ve lost lately.

Monday it plummeted 634 points.
Tuesday it came back up 429 points.
Wednesday it sunk again, down 519 points.
Thursday saw it swing back up again, 423 points.
Today it continued on up, but at a more leisurely pace with a gain of 126 points.

According to the papers, this was “The wildest week on Wall Street since the financial crisis in 2008”

“The blue-chip index had four 400-point swings in a row for the first time in its 115-year history.”

Whew!

2 comments:

  1. I have been so stressed out that paying attention to the market would seriously give me an ulcer. What a crazy time we are living through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. August 15 = The Dow rose 213.88 points, or 1.9 percent to 11,482.90. It has gained 762.96 points since Thursday. That's the best three-day point gain since it rose 927.18 in November 2008, during the depths of the financial crisis. The Dow is also up 7.1 percent over the three days, the biggest percentage gain since it rose 9.5 percent the first three days of the bull market in March 2009.

    ReplyDelete