Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Roommate Situation

Things came to a head the other day between my roommate and I. It wasn’t pretty. I ended up telling her that at the end of our contract I would not be renewing, and if she should happen to want to leave earlier, I would not hold her to the contract.

She emphatically (and rather rudely, I must say) agreed.

I only hope she actually does leave early. I am fully convinced now that I am not meant to live with anybody.

That being said, I actually have a possible replacement already. IF things don’t go the way I want them to with the job situation, and IF my finances don’t pan out, then I MIGHT consider having a friend move in.

Big difference: he’s a guy. I have had several people tell me that guy-girl roommate situations are a lot different, and the troubles are considerably less. Plus, he is a friend: somebody I know and actually get along with.

I’m still not convinced. I so do not want to have a roommate right now that I’m willing to cash out some of my savings in order to pay my mortgage.

We’ll see what happens…

2 comments:

  1. Heather7:31 PM

    Really hoping you can just be you again. You deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a rough situation and I hope all works out for the best. I came across your blog today and I'd like to keep following along. I also write lots of randomness on my blog too. Hope you'll take a look. Looking forward to your next post!.

    ReplyDelete