Monday, January 17, 2011

Rest In Peace Stan

Had a horrible shock last night.


I had just gotten home from a nice afternoon spent with the family out in Palmer: good food, good company, good movie on the big screen TV – when I got the call from my brother.

He told me that Stan had fallen, hit his head, and froze to death on the front step at the farm!

I honestly don’t know what to do. I would love to write up a nice posting in his honor, but just can’t seem to focus on anything much at the moment.

For now, this will have to do.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:32 AM

    HOW AWFUL! So sorry...
    Corissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:17 PM

    Oh Ruth, that is aweful. My condolences.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness that is just terrible. I don't know who Stan was but please know I am so very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:55 PM

    I remember sitting at the table w/ him for Easter dinner the one time I went out w/ you and I enjoyed his company.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:04 AM

    Ruth, I am so sorry.

    I know how special he was to your whole family. I enjoyed meeting him. Give my love to your mother and my condolences to everyone. He loved the farm, perhaps that was a happy place for him at the end.

    You will think of what to write when you can sort your thoughts. I am sure whatever you write will be a beautiful remembrance.

    Love, Shelly

    ReplyDelete