Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Giving Blood

A comment was made on an earlier posting stating now that I have this eyebrow piercing I won’t be able to give blood for a whole year. This had me worried enough that I actually went down to the local blood bank and talked to them about it.

Turns out I’m safe. The place I had the work done is on their “good” list, which means I only have to wait one month. I would have had to wait one whole year if it had NOT been on that list.

I have to wait whole year anyway, after my trip to Africa. I’m half way though it right now, and would really have been bummed if I had to tack on another year to that. Thankfully, the moth’s waiting period fits right nicely inside the year from Africa, so it won’t make even the slightest bit of difference.

December 1st will see me laying down in those horrible chairs down at the blood bank, giving my bi-monthly pint – just you wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment