Saturday, May 02, 2009

The Return of Aqua Aerobics Man

He’s back!

He’s in Anchorage for a few months to get his apartment buildings in order again, and to reinstate himself as a lifeguard for the municipality. He showed up at my doorstep a week ago, having just gotten in. It was a very nice surprise.

Today he called to tell me he’d bought himself a new truck, so of course we had to go try it out. It’s a Chevy – which is cool. An older model, but I don’t know the year. It’s jewel-tone blue with a hard top on the bed that matches. It even has a CD player, so I brought along some music to listen to.

We drove out to the coastal trail and sat on the railing overlooking the ocean for a while; chatting and watching the people go by. Then we headed off for Point Woronzof to sit on the railing there and watch the people go by. We relocated one more time, out to Kincaid Park – but didn’t have any railing to sit on. There was plenty of people to watch, however – I’ve never seen the parking lot so full before.

By that time we realized we were hungry, so we headed over to the Arctic Roadrunner for a burger (I assured him there was food for me to eat there). He ran in to some friends of his, so we joined them outside next to the creek.

It was such a gorgeous day out! I loved it…

After eating our dinner, we decided to head south and ended up at one of my favorite trail heads. Again, we sat on the railing – but this time we watched the ocean for a while. Rather, we watched where the ocean should have been – the tide was out, and I do mean OUT. There was nothing but mud out there for as far as the eye could see practically.

I think it was about 9:00 by that time, so we headed back to my house for a movie. He picked thru my selection and came up with “The Arrival”

Have I mentioned that he’s also a masseuse?

I’m sitting there, on the floor in front of him sitting on the couch. I’m trying to watch the movie, all the while every fiber of my body is screaming “AQUA AEROBICS MAN IS SITTING RIGHT BEHIND ME!!!!” And then he starts to rub my neck for me…

In my defense, we had been talking about my neck problems, as well as my penchant towards migraines.

But… one thing leads to another, and well… I don’t really remember what the end of the movie is like.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:12 PM

    Who the heck is aqua aerobics man? I want one of my own! Tracy

    ReplyDelete