Wednesday, May 20, 2009

CRGBC-AK

I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce you to the new Cascadia Region Green Building Council - Alaska Branch (CRGBC-AK) president.

Me.

I’ve been a member of the CRGBC-AK for about 3 years now, and have participated in the group as often as I could, but I never thought I’d be the leader of the group. I’m rather nervous of the idea, truth to tell. I’m more of a follower than a leader.

But they really needed somebody to pick up the reigns, and since I’m a really good organizer and can keep things neat and orderly – they all thought I would be good at the job.

Time will tell.

The Alaska branch of the CRGBC is relatively new. Not many people even know we exist, or if they do they don’t know exactly what it is we do. Our goal for this coming year is to educate people on Energy Efficient Building Practices and to raise awareness of both ourselves and our beliefs.

We don’t really have much of a branch website yet but you can visit the headquarters website and get a better idea as to who we are.

www.cascadiagbc.org

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. I went to some of their presentations at the Alaska Forum on the Environment.

    ReplyDelete